A PROBLEM OF SUPPLY AND DEMAND
Your adrenal glands are the part of your endocrine system. Cortisol is produced by the adrenal glands in response to stress and is involved with the fight-or-flight response. We are all familiar with various kinds of stress, such as school or work stress, sleep deprivation stress as new parents, relationship stress etc.
What may surprise you, however, is that stress can come from many other sources as well, including environmental toxins from food, air or water; electromagnetic fields, chemicals, dysbiosis (unhealthy bacteria in the gut); chronic pain; food sensitivities, and blood sugar imbalances. These stressors can go on undetected in the body for years, and when the supply of cortisol cannot meet the demand, adrenal fatigue will occur.
DO YOU SUFFER FROM ANY OF THESE?
- Tired for no apparent reason
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- Difficulty waking up after a full night’s sleep
- Feeling wired but tired or just feeling tired
- Inability to cope
- Poor memory, poor concentration or brain fog
- Craving for salty or sugary foods
- Increased need for stimulants such as coffee and energy drinks
- Frequent colds and illnesses
- Digestive issues such as gas, bloating, constipation, nausea, acid reflux
- Low libido
- Menstrual cycle irregularities
- Underactive or overactive thyroid
- Anxiety or depression
- Dizziness or lightheadedness after rising from a lying or seated position
- Slow wound healing and bruising easily
WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT IT?
Unfortunately, many physicians are not educated in how to identify, diagnose or treat adrenal dysfunction. As Functional Medicine providers, it is our job to get to the root of your adrenal issues. We will help you understand WHY you don’t feel well, and we will teach you WHAT you can do about it. Let us help you overcome adrenal fatigue and recapture your energy & vitality.